Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My understanding to Milton Glaser’s Quote!

                                                          Akasha

“The real issue is not talent as an independent element but talent in relationship to will, desire & persistence.

Talent without these things vanishes & even modest talent with those characteristics grows.”   Milton Glaser

 

I feel what Glaser is saying is that to be talented is great, but unless you apply yourself with a will of desire and creative drive, in daily life and throughout all different situations and have the passion behind your work, your talent can diminish, your incentive and initiative can be hollow, therefore vanishes.

Where as if you’re maybe not so talented to begin with, but your dedicated and passionate, you apply yourself to your work with creative force your talent can grow and flourish with persistence.

7 comments:

  1. I like that, I guess that applies to alot of things in life. If only we had more time! Nicely written. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want pictures!!!! reading is tooooo hard for my tiny tiny brain!!!!!
    but love your work hunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your interpretation of Milton's quote. Without commitment and passion, talent really has limited expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree, without dedication in all life's challenges, talent will only take you so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully my talent will grow and flourish with persistence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds good AKASHA:)

    ReplyDelete